I love living in Camarillo. I love working in Camarillo. We've lived here over 23 years and while there have been some massive changes, it's still awesome. Here's why:
1. The change from State Mental hospital to college was a good change. Unfortunately, many in Camarillo lost their jobs. But other jobs opened up. It also brought a younger crowd to Camarillo.
2. The cycling is awesome. I'll go out and ride and people are much more respectful than where I used to live (San Fernando Valley and Whittier).
3. The weather is always super nice.
4. Even the worst schools are better than the best schools where I used to live.
5. Very little crime.
6. Camarillo has lots of tiny events that are community specific which are fun.
7. Traffic in Camarillo is very small. I am always surprised when I go to LA or Glendale/Burbank how many people are in those places and how parking is impossible. Camarillo doesn't have that.
8. It has the best chiropractor in Camarillo! Guess who?